Get Connected with a Tutor:
- Request tutoring services
- We will email you within 2 business days with tutor contact information
- Purchase tutoring hours. Buy individual tutoring sessions online with a card or visit our office to use cash
- Use your order ID number on your email receipt as a proof of purchase when meeting with your tutor
- We act as a referral service for our tutors. Students request tutoring services and are then responsible to schedule their own tutoring session
- Tutoring is $7 per individual hour, $4 per group hour
- Tutoring is very flexible. Appointments may be set for any time of day at any public location that is convenient for the tutor and student
- We do not offer tutoring for every course, most of our tutoring is for lower-division, in-demand courses. Feel free to register or contact us to check if we offer tutoring for your course!
The Learning Center offers a free drop-in tutoring service that is available to all currently enrolled University of Utah students.
The free drop-in center will be closed:
Thursday, December 6th - Monday, January 20, 2020.
Our spring hours and new schedule will resume on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
The Learning Center offers Supplemental Instruction (SI) for selected courses on campus. SI provides FREE organized study sessions which are open to any students in the course and are led by undergraduates who are selected and trained to be SI leaders.
The main goal of the SI program is to help students learn the course material and improve their course grade. In addition, we assist students in improving their study skills. We also provide students with an informal, personal, small group learning experience that helps them feel connected to other students and demonstrates the power of group study.
The Learning Center offers free one-on-one consultations to University of Utah students who want to improve their learning strategies. These consultations can range in topic of anything related to academic success including, but not limited to:
- time management
- study strategies
- test-taking strategies
- test anxiety
- learning styles
- critical thinking
- note-taking strategies
- and much more!
To schedule a free learning consultation, email Casey Hoekstra.
Faculty, staff, student organizations, and many others can benefit from the services offered at the Learning Center. Our center will tailor workshops or presentations to fit your needs, subject to staff availability. Topics include:
- Time Management
- Study Skills
- Test Taking Strategies
- Learning Styles
- Critical Thinking
- Reading / Note Taking Skills
These can be one-time workshops that meet during your course periods or they can be regularly-occurring workshops as a supplement to your courses. Complete the form to request a presentation/workshop.