U Family Tutoring
The Learning Center is partnering with the Childcare Task Force to provide tutoring for University of Utah Employee Families.
On October 2020, the Learning Center started offering expanded tutoring for students in grades 6-12* who are children of U employees. The university will sponsor up to 10 hours of tutoring per employee until funds are exhausted. When those hours are utilized, families may continue to pay out of pocket for additional hours at a rate of $11/hour.
To be eligible to participate:
- Students must be under the guardianship of a current University of Utah employee
- Students must be enrolled in 6th – 12th grade
- Guardians must complete and submit the liability waiver to LearningCenter@utah.edu
* Due to many tutoring requests from University of Utah students and our tutors limited availability, U Family Tutoring will only be offered to grades 6-12, no exceptions! Please do not submit a liability waiver for lower grades, it will not be processed. For community tutoring services, visit our top right menu bar “Campus Tutoring Services”. Thank you for your understanding!
Once you have submitted the completed liability waiver, you will receive an email confirmation including the coupon code for your 10 free sessions, the link to purchase tutoring hours, and the link to schedule tutoring appointments.
All Learning Center tutors are currently-enrolled University of Utah students who have excelled in their academics and participate in a weekly training that follows the College Reading and Learning Association guidelines.
BY SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY THE LEARNING CENTER POLICIES AS LAID OUT BELOW.
- You can schedule a maximum of five upcoming appointments at one given time. There is no limit on the amount of appointments you can have during a semester.
- Each free code can be used only once. Usage will be recorded, and any codes used multiple times will be charged to the U employee. Future appointments cannot be scheduled until payment of the duplicate free code used, have been fulfilled.
- If you would like to cancel your appointment, please do so through the link in your confirmation email. Cancellations must be done at least three hours before the scheduled start time.
- Tutors and students are required to wait for 15 minutes if the other party is running
- If a student is 15 minutes late, the appointment slot will be lost.
- If a tutor is 15 minutes late, please contact email@example.com.
- If you miss two scheduled appointments, you will be required to call (801-581-5153) to schedule any additional appointments. More than three no-show appointments could result in your right to schedule being taken away for the semester.
- Use common courtesy in your interactions with your tutors. Keep your communication with them during reasonable hours.
- Give the tutor as much information as possible regarding what you need assistance for so they can adequately prepare.
- Tutors have the right to deny services to students who make them feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or make any inappropriate comments. The relationship between students and tutors should be strictly professional.
- Tutoring must take place in a public location or virtually through Cranium Cafe.