By scheduling an appointment, you AGREE to abide by the Learning Center policies as laid out below.
- Learning Center services are available to currently-enrolled University of Utah students, throught the year.
- You can schedule a maximum of five upcoming appointments at one given time. There is no limit on the amount of appointments you can have during a semester.
- Tutors and students are required to wait for 15 minutes if the other party is running
- If a student is 15 minutes late, the appointment slot will be lost.
- If a tutor is 15 minutes late, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use common courtesy in your interactions with your tutors. Keep your communication with them during reasonable hours.
- Give the tutor as much information as possible regarding what you need assistance for so they can adequately prepare.
- Tutors have the right to deny services to students who make them feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or make any inappropriate comments. The relationship between students and tutors should be strictly professional.
- Tutors have the right to deny services to students they suspect are cheating. This behavior will be reported to Learning Center staff, professors, and any other appropriate entities. The Learning Center takes academic integrity very seriously.
- Tutoring must take place in a public location or virtually through Cranium Cafe.
Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Cancellations made the day before a scheduled appointment via your confirmation email or by emailing LearningCenter@utah.edu will be processed without a penalty.
- Cancellations made the day of an appointment will result in a $5 fee.
No-Show Policies and Fees
- If you miss one scheduled appointment, you will be required to call (801-581-5153) to schedule any additional appointments.
- A second no-show appointment and all subsequent no-shows within one semester will result in a $10 fee. You will also be required to schedule a learning consultation with Casey Hoekstra. You will not be able to schedule another appointment until your no-show fee has been paid and you have attended your learning consultation.
- Three unpaid no-show payments in one month may result in a hold being placed on your academic record. Holds will be removed after a full payment has been made.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you believe you have a valid reason for your day-of cancellation or no-show appointment to discuss options.
The Learning Center has the right to deny services to students who are not abiding with the above policies.